We are looking for following Position, “URGENTLY REQUIRED” Silver sea
Cruise Line, please send your CV to our email.
*Title:* Cellar Master
*Department: *Hotel Department
*Primary Function:* Directs the daily operation of vessel’s Wine Sales
Operation including the effective administration, supervision and
execution of programs consistent with the company standards and goals of
providing excellent service while generating maximum revenue.
*Reports To:* Beverage Manager
1. Directs the activities of Wine Attendants.
2. Directs and ensures the implementation and execution of corporate
policies and procedures within the Beverage Department as they relate to
3. Controls, measures and reports Wine Bar Outlet performance on a daily
basis and takes required corrective action to ensure operations are in
accordance with the company standards and objectives.
4. Achieves or exceeds Bar Revenue and Cost objectives for the
established cruise program targets. Creates new opportunities and
maximizes existing ones to generate extra revenue. Recommends measures
to control/reduce costs and ensures that the operational cost budgets
are strictly adhered to.
5. Develops and recommends merchandising and promotional programs to
maximize Wine Sales and Service objectives for established cruise
program targets. Identifies market needs and trends, creates concepts
and communicates these to the Beverage Manager. Monitors product
movement onboard and special offers. Plans and implements an effective
sales plan and promotional activities in each wine outlet.
6. Works closely with the Controller and Provision Master in regards to
inventory taking, cost control, loading, ordering and storing of wines.
Follows proper accounting procedures, requisitions, transfers and
reconciliation of daily wine sales.
7. Verifies delivery of prepaid wine orders to cabins and coordinates
the service thereof in the dining room.
8. Oversees voiding, checking any discrepancies. Is fully responsible
for posting of gift orders, pre-ordered wines and parties (company’s and
9. Responsible for achieving and exceeding guest satisfaction standards
and rating for wine services consistent with company goals. Personally
gets involved with handling guest concerns. Introduces him/herself to
VIP’s and Suite guests within 24 hours of boarding. Identifies wine
drinkers and wine lovers early in the cruise and guides Wine Attendants
to make good recommendations and practice up-selling.
10. Directs and coordinates the assignment and scheduling of wine
attendants in accordance with operational requirements.
11. Plans (along with other departments) and schedules wine related
functions as required and prepares Party Sheets with detailed
preparation and service information as a guideline for beverage staff to
execute the function. Maintains open communication of key operational
information at regular meetings. Is present at all functions to ensure
proper mise en place and execution.
12. Carries out wine tastings, seminars, spirits & cigar tastings etc.
Works closely with Culinary team on wine and food pairing dinners and
13. Assists in the dining room during opening hours; serving VIP’s &
Captain’s Tables, plus oversees the wine service in the alternate dining
areas. Ensures proper mise en place in all areas.
14. Fully in charge of wine displays and pre-order tables.
15. Assists on any project as assigned by the Beverage Manager or
16. Ensures that all reporting to the Beverage Manager and Corporate
Office is completed in a timely manner.
17. Attends daily operational meeting with Beverage Dept management.
Attends daily menu briefing by the Chef and ensures all Wine Attendants
are present, followed by a briefing by the Cellar Master or Beverage
Manager. Attends weekly beverage staff meetings.
18. On a daily basis makes an effort to check in with every member of
the wine service team and monitors their overall operation and mood.
19. Is responsible for the overall training of the wine attendants, as
well as the bar staff. Training should include – but is not limited to –
wine knowledge, spirits knowledge, product knowledge, selling
techniques, pouring styles, correct wine service, customer service and
the art of upselling. Develops and implements training programs.
20. Provides periodic feedback on wine attendants to the Beverage
Manager. Creates realistic goals and sets objectives for the team and
follows up. Promotes innovation and change.
21. Greets all new hires and ensures the buddy system is in place and
22. Monitors grooming and personal hygiene of the Wine Attendants.
23. Counsels non-performers and does not hesitate in disciplining in
accordance with company policy.
*General Hiring Criteria:*
* College or University degree in hospitality management, business
administration or related field preferred. International
* Sommelier certification from a known Hotel School required.
* Fluent in English, both verbal and written. A second language is
* 2-4 years managerial experience with staff of 10 sommeliers/wine
stewards or more, with a focus on 4/5-star hotels, restaurants or
high-volume service facilities.
* Experience in managing a multi-national wine team.
* Extensive knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors.
* Extensive knowledge of new and old world wines including food and
* Ability to train multi-national wine team in all areas of wine &
* Ability to investigate and solve guest complaints, follow up and
meet/exceed guest expectations.
* Ability to oversee, carry out and supervise mini bar supply, lido
beverage service, dining room and alternate dining wine service,
gift orders and special functions.
* Ability to oversee wine stocks, ordering, storing and loading.
* Knowledge of beverage handling procedures in regards to public
health standards. Attendance of a certified USPH or HACCP course
* Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a bar/wine
* Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within
assigned area, as it relates to and supports the business needs of
the vessel. (Scheduling)
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Excellent appearance, outgoing, social, self-starter.
* Revenue and guest satisfaction focused.
* Extensive knowledge of training and motivating the entire beverage
team on a weekly basis in regards to wine service under the
guidance of the Beverage Manager.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and
personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution
and achievement of quality service standards.
* Ability to manage an international staff in a positive and
productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees
as they work.
* Ability to conduct wine & spirit tasting in public for passengers
* Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability
to navigate within a variety of software programs such as Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint.
* Excellent open communication style with all department heads and
all levels of employees.* *
JD attached for reference. Please note that candidates *must be*
Salary: USD 75.00 a day plus bonus. If the Cellar Master makes 100% of
target => additional USD 30.00 a day. They also get individual
gratuities and usually, money from groups.
Indonesia hotel’s job info
Filed under: Cellar Master